This membership includes a wide range of congregational development programs including:
- Sunday morning programs you can do between or after worship services (45+ minutes sessions)
- Vestry/board retreats: Vision, Mission, Planning, Team Building and Facing Change
- Church growth
- Cell group ministry
- Pastoral Care and Healing
- Liturgy and art
These resources range from a few sessions to multi-year programs. They are designed to be clergy or lay lead -- usually without much preparation and without requiring special skills. Some will be used by committees or boards; others are for key leaders or even the entire congregation. Several of these program are "consultant in a box" programs -- the kind of event usually run by a consultant but giving you step-by-step directions to do it yourself. All of these are designed to strengthen your congregations understanding of its mission and its ability to carry it out.
Here's a few things you should know about your membership:
- It does not include anything we distribute from other publishers or organizations nor does it include any tangibles (books, DVDs, etc.)
- In the future, mid-year memberships normally will be prorated by month and extended by a year. In other words, if you order this next June, we will bill you for six months in 2017 and all of 2018. That gets you onto the annual membership rota which matches the diocesan budget cycle.
- You will need to set up a gmail or other address that can be used by all of your congregation's members and a password. It should be an email address that is not used for any other purpose.
- Your congregation's members will use this email address and a password to access the materials. You can give the email and password to anyone who wants to lead a group, read an e-book, etc. and during the annual membership, they can download and use the program.
- If you do not renew your annual membership at the end of the year, your members can no longer use the materials, even if they have downloaded them before. The license is a USE LICENSE, meaning you can copy it for use during your license year. To protect the church, we advise collecting and destroying copies to prevent members from inadvertently finding copies around the church a couple of years later and using them without realizing that the church doesn't have an active license that allows them to do so.
- You can print any of the materials for promotion purposes (e.g., use the artwork, logos, cover page, etc. in your newsletter, on your bulletin board, etc.). You can also use individual sessions, or something from a session in any of your ministry contexts. For example, you can make a bulletin insert out of something you saw in a session, use a handout in a meeting, or use an exercise from one of the sessions of a program in an activity you are doing.
- One of the advantages of the membership is that if a group starts a program and it doesn't meet their needs, they can just switch to another program without having to feel like they've wasted money on the first one. So you can freely encourage people to "try it, see if you like it!"