THE CONGREGATION AS SACRAMENTAL COMMUNITY
This resource helps a congregation look at its unique mission and ministry. Together participants identify the strengths in their congregation, the areas where growth can occur and then use a prioritizing process to establish new directions and decisions. The eight topics in this resource can help any group (parish, committee, vestry, staff, etc.) be more fully aware that they are outward signs of God’s love in the world.
The eight topics in this program are:
- Sacramental Community and the Congregation
- Worship—Celebration of Common Union
- Christian Friendship and Spiritual Development
- Stewardship as Gratitude
- Education—Inclusion, Orientation, and Formation
- Service (Outreach)—Servanthood of Christ
- Evangelization—Proclaiming Christ
- Where Do We Go From Here?
This program can be done in two formats:
- A small group that meets eight times for 1-1½ hours
- As a Sunday morning presentation and response format (eight meetings of 45 minutes to one hour)