This membership includes a wide range of adult education, seasonal and special occasion resources including:
- Sunday morning programs you can do between or after worship services (45+ minutes sessions)
- Programs suited for evening or home groups (c. 90 minute sessions)
- Worship resources
- Advent, Epiphany and Lent programs
- Young adults or college students
- Spirituality resources
- Current event
- Ministry formation (similar to Education for Ministry)
These resources range from a few sessions to multi-year programs. They are designed to be lay lead -- usually without much preparation and without requiring special skills. Instead of trying to "sell" a single program as if "one-size-fits-all" would suit everyone in your church, you can print a wide range of programs, put them out on a table and encourage people to select what interests them and form self-led groups. Or form groups by age or place in life (e.g., parents with children), or by location (home or work). Groups can start at anytime during the year. You can highlight seasonal or topical programs year round and anyone can form a group. Groups can meet at home, at work, in restaurants or wherever it is comfortable to them. Some of these programs can even be done alone or by a couple at home. E-books enable your members to form book groups -- and if you give them the PDF file, they can even put the file on their computer or IPad.
Adult faith formation doesn't just happen -- and Sunday worship isn't enough to feed the souls of our church members. The Adult Education Membership can help your church support the faith formation of your members.
Here's a few things you should know about your membership:
- It does not include anything we distribute from other publishers or organizations nor does it include any tangibles (books, DVDs, etc.)
- In the future, mid-year memberships normally will be prorated by month and extended by a year. In other words, if you order this next June, we will bill you for six months in 2017 and all of 2018. That gets you onto the annual membership rota which matches the diocesan budget cycle.
- You will need to set up a gmail or other address that can be used by all of your congregation's members and a password. It should be an email address that is not used for any other purpose.
- Your congregation's members will use this email address and a password to access the materials. You can give the email and password to anyone who wants to lead a group, read an e-book, etc. and during the annual membership, they can download and use the program.
- If you do not renew your annual membership at the end of the year, your members can no longer use the materials, even if they have downloaded them before. The license is a USE LICENSE, meaning you can copy it for use during your license year. To protect the church, we advise collecting and destroying copies to prevent members from inadvertently finding copies around the church a couple of years later and using them without realizing that the church doesn't have an active license that allows them to do so.
- You can print any of the materials for promotion purposes (e.g., use the artwork, logos, cover page, etc. in your newsletter, on your bulletin board, etc.). You can also use individual sessions, or something from a session in any of your ministry contexts. For example, you can make a bulletin insert out of something you saw in a session, use a handout in a meeting, or use an exercise from one of the sessions of a program in an activity you are doing.
- One of the advantages of the membership is that if a group starts a program and it doesn't meet their needs, they can just switch to another program without having to feel like they've wasted money on the first one. So you can freely encourage people to "try it, see if you like it!"