EDUCATION & FUNDRAISING FOR haiti -- or other outreach projects
Over 150 pages of education, fun and fundraising resources for congregations that want to learn about and join the campaign to rebuild the Diocese of Haiti after the earthquake -- but it can also be used for other outreach project (especially the fundraising ideas!).
This resource packet contains lesson plans for adults, youth and children -- several can be used with intergenerational groups. You'll learn about the country, the diocese, and the ministry of the church in Haiti. You can also explore some of the fun cultural aspects of Haiti: the tap-tap busses, fanal lanterns, proverbs, jokes and folk tales....and recipes to host a Haitian feast. Plus you'll get over 25 fundraising ideas, including detailed instructions and recipes for the trendy "Cupcakes and Cake Balls Fundrasier" and a Guide to Fundraising to help you get organized -- tools you can use for years to come.
- About the Diocese of Haiti -- Handout, bulletin or newsletter article
- Discovering Haiti -- Lesson on history, culture: youth & adults
- A Bishop Indeed! -- Lesson on Bishop Holly: adult
- Sisters Serving Haiti -- Lesson on the work of the Sisters of St. Margaret in Haiti: youth-adult
- It’s Not Just the Building -- Lesson on sacred spaces: all ages
- Rebuild My Temple --- Bricks for Haiti: older children – adults
- A Light to the Nations -- Christmas lantern lesson & activity: all ages
- Sing a New Song -- Exploring music: older children-adult
- Lamentations -- Lesson & liturgy: older children-adult
- Broken Pieces of Our Lives -- Confession lesson & liturgy: youth & adults
- Haitian Proverbs -- Lesson: older children-adult
- Tell Me a Story -- Folktales, jokes, riddles: mixed ages
- Getting From Here to There -- Making a tap-tap collection box: children-adult
- Water, Water Everywhere -- Lesson on water & safe water
- Cupcake and Cake Balls -- Complete guide to a trendy fundraising event
- Haitian Food Festival -- Haitian Recipes
- An Empty Sack Cannot Stand Up -- 25+ Fundraising Ideas & a Guide to Raising Money
NOTE: The recently reduced price for our
100 other programs. Check it out HERE.
Check with your diocese/conference/presbytery/synod to see if they might order the membership for all of your churches.
Price is not much more than a few congregational licenses!
Talk with colleagues -- a judicatory membership is more appealing if several churches advocate for it.
This is a great way to support small churches, in particular, and get resources you can use regionally/collaboratively