The Judicatory Membership is an annual subscription program that gives all congregations in a diocese, synod, conference or presbytery access to all downloadable resources that are published by LeaderResources and the right to use those resources during the year in which the membership is in effect. Your judicatory can offer ALL of your congregation access to over 100 resources including three Sunday School curricula, eight VBS programs, two youth ministry program, seasonal resources, over 40 adult education programs, leadership development and church growth programs, plus a series of e-books! Each congregation can download as many as they choose and if they find a program doesn't work for them, they can just download another one.
We have offered judicatory memberships for some of our key children and youth ministry memberships. Our new website now makes it possible for us to offer all of our downloadables for one very reasonable annual fee. How can you afford this membership? Here are some ideas that dioceses have used in the past to pay for a J2A membership:
- Ask larger or wealthier parishes to contribute to it -- especially if they are paying for a congregational license anyway. Give that money to the diocese and help it support smaller congregations.
- Ask for donors to support it -- they can even go on our website and buy a gift card in any amount that gives you credit towards your membership fee.
- Take up a collection at your diocesan convention.
- You can, of course, charge your congregations, but that sort of defeats the purpose of your giving them something of value from the diocese! But it does allow you to offer them a large number of resources at a very modest price.
- Especially for this first year: split the bill between this year, using end-of-year funds, and pay the rest in January.
Here's a few things you should know about your membership:
- It does not include anything we distribute from other publishers or organizations nor does it include any tangibles (books, DVDs, etc.)
- Mid-year memberships can be prorated by month and extended by a year. In other words, if you order this next June, we can bill you for six months in 2017 and all of 2018. That gets you onto the annual membership rota which runs from Jan 1st to December 31st.
- You will be given a coupon code unique to your diocese. You give this to all of your congregations and they use it to log in and download whatever they need.
- If you provide us with an email address for each church, we will send them occasional "nudges" to remind them that they have access to these materials. We're small so don't expect more than a few emails a year. But that will help your congregations remember to look to LeaderResources for resources they can use. Of course, you can surf our site and highlight resources in your diocesan e-newsletter as well -- and that, frankly, helps you because it reminds congregations that you are doing this for their benefit!
- If you choose not to renew the membership, we will work together to remind your congregations that they need to destroy the materials they downloaded and stop using the programs as this membership provides an annual use license and does not grant the right to use the programs when the membership has expired.